Apr 21, 2018
In addition to the general requirements for admission to Graduate School, applicants for admission to the Master of Arts in Teaching program must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5 on undergraduate work.
- Pass the Pre-Professional Skills Test (e.g. reading, writing, and mathematics) of the Praxis.
- Pass the content-specific examinations for the Praxis.
- Candidates for Grades 1-5 (regular and special education): pass the Elementary Education: Content Knowledge specialty examination;
- Candidates for Grades 6-12 (regular and special education): pass the content specialty examination(s) in the content area(s) in which they intend to teach: Agricultural Education, Biology Education, Business Education, Chemistry Education, English Education, Foreign Language Education (French, Latin, Spanish), Mathematics Education, Social Studies Education.
- Complete the “Admission to Teacher Education Program—Master of Arts in Teaching” form.
Total Hours: 36
- EDLD 600 - Research I: Foundations of Educational Research (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- EDTC 602 - Design and Development of Multimedia for Instruction (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- EDUC 525 - Classroom Management and Organization in Secondary Schools (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- EDUC 624 - Reading in the Content Area (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- EDUC 635 - Principles of Learning and Teaching in Secondary Education (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- EDUC 640 - Pedagogies of Assessment and Intervention for Reluctant Learners (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- EDUC 647 - Educational Foundations (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- EDUC 654 - Problems in Measurement and Evaluation (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- PSYC 634 - Adolescent Growth and Development (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- EDUC 678 - Seminar in Teaching Strategies (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- OSBC 565 - Methods of Teaching Secondary Business Subjects (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
*Students enrolled in these courses are considered full-time students in the fall and spring semesters to prevent student loans from entering repayment status, for insurance purposes, and for Citizenship and Immigration Services reporting.