Jan 23, 2021
In addition to the general requirements for admission to Graduate School, applicants for admission to the Master of Arts in Psychology program must meet the following requirements:
- Three hours of statistics plus a minimum of 18 hours in psychology, including 3 hours in each of the following: Experimental Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, and Social Psychology.
- An acceptable GRE score, which is determined by the following formula: Undergraduate Grade Point Average (GPA) x 150 + GRE (Verbal + Quantitative) score must equal a minimum of 1300.
- The above are considered as minimum requirements. In addition, students must be accepted by the Departmental Admissions and Retention Committee, which will make its determination subsequent to the student’s completion of 12 hours or the first semester of graduate work. Students are considered to be working on the Master of Arts degree in Psychology only after being accepted by the Committee and being admitted to candidacy.
Total Hours: 39-57
- Hours in Concentration - 15-33
Addiction Treatment Concentration
Total Hours: 27
Applied Behavior Analysis Concentration
Total Hours: 21
Counseling Psychology Concentration
Total Hours: 36
- COUN 640 - Career Counseling and Development (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- PSYC 540 - Psychology of Gender (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- PSYC 631 - Techniques of Counseling (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- PSYC 651 - Group Counseling (Lec. 1, Lab. 4, Cr. 3)
- PSYC 655 - Addictive Behaviors: Assessment and Treatment (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- PSYC 656 - Couples and Family Counseling (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- PSYC 665 - Counseling Skills (Lec. 1, Lab. 4, Cr. 3)
- PSYC 668 - Counseling Theories (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- PSYC 688 - Mental Health Counseling Practicum (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- PSYC 698 - Mental Health Counseling Internship (Cr. 3)
Total Hours: 15