Jul 14, 2020
Total Hours Required for Degree: 30
The Master of Business Administration degree is nationally accredited by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. The program is designed for the practicing manager and is concerned less with theoretical content than with the tools of analysis and decision-making.
The MBA program is offered primarily in the evening to allow students employed on a full-time basis to earn their MBA with neither loss of income nor interruptions of work. The program is also offered 100% online for convenience or for those students unable to attend evening courses. A student employed on a full-time basis and taking courses on a part-time basis may take longer to complete the program.
MBA Mission Statement. To prepare students with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in a globally competitive environment.
Purpose. The purpose of the MBA program parallels the purposes of the Graduate School, the College of Business, and the University. Specifically, the MBA program endeavors to provide its students with the background, skills, and insight needed to function effectively in an administrative environment. Graduates are prepared to meet the challenges from strong and growing global forces, conflicting values, changing technology, and demographic diversity among employees and customers. MBA program graduates will have the academic training to be able to contribute to their organization and society and to grow personally and professionally.
In addition to the general requirements for the admission to Graduate School, applicants for admission to the Master of Business Administration program must meet one of the following requirements:
- The standardized test requirement may be waived under the following conditions:
- Undergraduate overall GPA of ≥ 2.75; or
- GPA of ≥ 2.75 on last 60 hours of undergraduate coursework.
- For applicants not meeting the criteria for a standardized test waiver, admission is based on one of the following formulas:
- (200 x undergraduate overall GPA) + GMAT Total = ≥ 1,000
- (200 x undergraduate overall GPA) + GRE Total = ≥ 760
English Language Requirements for International Graduate Students. All International students from non-English speaking countries who do not have a baccalaureate degree from U.S. universities will demonstrate English language proficiency at the time of application by one of the following:
- Minimum TOEFL score of 550 on paper-based exam, 213 on computer-based exam or 79 on Internet-based exam;
- Minimum IELTS score of 6.0;
- Minimum Pearson PTE Academic score of 53;
- Minimum DUOLINGO English Test score of 58; or
- Completion of Level 112 with the ELS Language Center program.
Preparatory Foundation Courses
These courses must be completed with a grade of C or better prior to enrolling in the MBA courses under Requirements..
- ACCT, BADM, ECON, FIN, MGMT, or MKTG Electives (600 Level) - 6 hours
- Credits applied must be earned within 6 calendar years from the time the student first enrolled in the program.
- No grades below C and not more than 6 credit hours of C work can be applied toward the degree.
- No more than 6 credit hours of transfer work may be applied toward the degree.
- Only transfer credits with a grade of B or better may be applied toward the degree.