Dec 08, 2019
Total Hours Required for Degree: 120
Freshman Spring - 16 hours
Sophomore Fall - 16 hours
Sophomore Spring - 17 hours
Junior Spring - 14 hours
- Minor Instrument 102 - 1 hour (see Notes for minor instrument options)
Senior Fall - 13 hours
- Minor Instrument 201 - 1 hour (see Notes for minor instrument options)
- MUSC 402 - Instrumental Arranging (Lec. 2, Lab. 1, Cr. 2)
- MUSC 445 - Pedagogy for Performance Majors I (Lec. 2, Lab. 1, Cr. 2)
- TRPT 401 - Trumpet (Lab. 1-3, Cr. 1-3) (Must accrue 3 credit hours)
Choose one of the following:
- MUSC 319 - Composers of African Descent (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- MUSC 322 - The Music of the Beatles (Lab. 3, Cr. 3)
- MUSC 324 - American Popular Music (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- MUSC 415 - Music in the Twentieth Century (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- MUSC 424 - Music in America (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
- MUSC 425 - Orchestral Music (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)
Choose one of the following Chamber Music Electives:
- MUSC 388 - Brass Choir (Cr. 1)
- MUSC 493 - Chamber Music-Various Ensembles (Cr. 1)
Choose one of the following Major Ensemble Electives:
- MUSC 380 - Symphonic Band (Cr. 1-2)
- MUSC 390 - Marching Band (Cr. 1-2)
- MUSC 487 - Wind Symphony (Cr. 1-2)
Senior Spring - 12 hours
- Elective - 3 hours
- Minor Instrument 202 - 1 hour (see Notes for minor instrument options)
- For Major Ensemble Electives, students must enroll in MUSC 380, 390, or 487 as deemed appropriate by the director of bands for eight terms. Only one credit of major ensemble electives may be applied to degree requirements each semester.
- For Minor Instrument, students must choose from the following: Baritone, Bassoon, Cello, Clarinet, Flute, French Horn, Guitar, Harp, Oboe, Percussion, Saxophone, String Bass, Trombone, Tuba, Viola, Violin, or Voice.
- Students must earn a grade of C or better in all MUSC, PIAN, and instrument courses.
- All Baccalaureate degrees must include 40 hours at the 300/400 level.
- All Baccalaureate degrees require at least one course from the life sciences and one course from the physical sciences categories in Area C of the General Education Core Curriculum.
- All Baccalaureate degrees must include 12 hours of Writing Enriched courses in the General Education Core Curriculum and 6 hours in the major.
- All Associate degrees must include 6 hours of Writing Enriched courses in the General Education Core Curriculum and 3 hours in the major.